Chandler’s Ford Chess Club’s Book Prize Tournament Round 9 has been completed. Tournament organiser Peter Przybycin gives an update and results from Round 9, and he announces the pairings for Round 10.
Round 9 is now complete.
With the top three all winning their games, Mike Henbury continues to hold a half point lead over Rob Sims, and a full point lead over John Kooner.
The book prize will be won by one of these top three, as with only two rounds to play nobody else can overtake the leader. Rob Strachan could equal Mike’s score but he would be eliminated on tie break, having lost his individual game with him.
Round 9 Results:
- Keven Lamb ½ – Steve Saunders ½
- John Kooner 1- Geoffrey Parish 0
- Rose Saunders 1 – Suzan Dunleavy 0
- Steve Dunleavy 0 – Rob Strachan 1
- Rob Sims 1 – Don Creasey 0
- Mike Henbury 1 – Nobby George 0
Scores to date:
- Mike Henbury 8
- Rob Sims 7½
- John Kooner 7
- Rob Strachan 6
- Keven Lamb 5½
- Rose Saunders 5
- Don Creasey 4½
- Geoffrey Parish 3
- Steve Dunleavy 3
- Steve Saunders 2½
- Nobby George 2
- Suzan Dunleavy 0
Round 10 pairings:
- Don Creasey v Geoffrey Parish
- Keven Lamb v Rob Strachan
- Mike Henbury v Steve Saunders
- Suzan Dunleavy v Rob Sims
- Nobby George v Steve Dunleavy
- John Kooner v Rose Saunders
As ever, the player named first has the white pieces.
Deadline for finishing round 10 is Saturday 17th April 2021.
All the best,
- The Book Prize Tournament is an all-play-all contest, so with 12 players that makes 11 Rounds.
- Although players will sometimes play consecutive games with the same colour, each player will end up having played at least 4 games as white.
- Each Round should be completed within 3 weeks, but there can be some flexibility.
- The games are to be played online – on lichess.org.
- The time control is 90 minutes each per game.
- The winner (or white if drawn) should notify Peter of the result.