Peter Przybycin, the Book Prize Tournament organiser, announces the pairings for Round 3.
All games in round two have now been completed.
Results so far:
Rose Saunders ½ – ½ Mike Henbury
Geoffrey Parish 0 – 1 Keven Lamb
Rob Strachan 1 – 0 Don Creasey
Rob Sims 1- 0 Steve Dunleavy
John Kooner 1 – 0 Steve Saunders
Nobby George 1 – 0 Suzan Dunleavy
Steve Dunleavy 0 – 1 Keven Lamb
Suzan Dunleavy 0 – 1 John Kooner
Rob Sims ½ – ½ Mike Henbury
Nobby George 0 – 1 Don Creasey
Geoffrey Parish 0 – 1 Rose Saunders
Rob Strachan 1 – 0 Steve Saunders
Round 3 pairings are as follows, with players’ current scores in brackets:
- John Kooner (2) v Don Creasey (1)
- Rob Sims (1½) v Rose Saunders (1½)
- Steve Dunleavy (0) v Geoffrey Parish (0)
- Steve Saunders (0) v Suzan Dunleavy (0)
- Rob Strachan (2) v Nobby George (1)
- Keven Lamb (2) v Mike Henbury (1)
As always, the player named first plays white. I am aware that some of you will be playing your third game in a row with the same colours. This will balance out during the course of the tournament.
Deadline for finishing round three games is Saturday 2nd January 2021. As round two finished early it gives us a few extra days to play round three, which is just as well, with Christmas falling in this period.
- The Book Prize Tournament is an all-play-all contest, so with 12 players that makes 11 Rounds.
- Although players will sometimes play consecutive games with the same colour, each player will end up having played at least 4 games as white.
- Each Round should be completed within 3 weeks, but there can be some flexibility.
- The games are to be played online – on lichess.org.
- The time control is 90 minutes each per game.
- The winner (or white if drawn) should notify Peter of the result.