The Book Prize Tournament 2021-2 Round 5 starts. Tournament organiser Peter Przybycin announces the pairings and gives the scores so far.
Round 4 update
There are three results to report from the fourth round this week.
Rob Sims was very pleased to score his first point in the Major section. Unfortunately, he chose to do it against me!
Also in the Major section, Sam Murphy beat Dick Meredith.
Nobby George beat Steve Dunleavy in the minor section, thus joining John Kooner and Maha Chandar on four points from four games.
- John Kooner 4/4
- Nobby George 4/4
- Maha Chandar 4/4
- Geoff Parish 2/4
- Steve Saunders 2/4
- Ian Parker 1/2
- Rob Strachan 1/3
- Lee Mundy 0/3
- Rose Saunders 0/4
- Steve Dunleavy 0/4
- Keith Gregory 4/4
- Graham Stuart 2.5/3
- Eric Jones 2.5/3
- Manoj Chandar 2/4
- Sam Murphy 2/4
- Peter Przybycin 1.5/4
- Mike Henbury 1.5/4
- Keven Lamb 1/4
- Dick Meredith 1/4
- Rob Sims 1/4
Pairings for Book Prize Tournament Round 5
- Lee Mundy v Rose Saunders
- Steve Saunders v John Kooner
- Steve Dunleavy v Rob Strachan
- Nobby George v Geoff Parish
- Ian Parker v Maha Chandar
- Dick Meredith v Rob Sims
- Keven Lamb v Peter Przybycin
- Graham Stuart v Manoj Chandar
- Keith Gregory v Sam Murphy
- Eric Jones v Mike Henbury
All games in round 5 to be completed by February 26th 2022.
(for full list see the Tournament’s Page) :
- Rate of play – 90 minutes each for the whole game.
- The first named player has the white pieces.
- Games will (preferably) be played over-the-board at chess club, or at the home of the player with the white pieces. Score sheets and clocks should be used.
- Games may alternatively be played online, using Lichess, by mutual consent. Score sheets are not needed for online games.
- Online games will not be sent for grading.