The Knockout Tournament 2022 , organised by Steve Dunleavy, has seen a record 26 entrants. It has a Preliminary Round plus six byes to establish the Round 1 players.
With a record 26 entrants this year we have 6 byes into the first round and 10 preliminary round games to qualify for the first round. If you are defeated in your preliminary round game you are eliminated from the competition. This system will reduce us from 26 to 16, and then 8,4,2 thereafter(for both the major and minor competitions- winners and losers from round 1).
Byes to Knockout 2022 First Round
The six byes into the first round are: Keith Gregory, Lee Mundy, Rob Sims, Steve Dunleavy, John Kooner, and Nobby George.
The Preliminary Round
The 10 preliminary games to qualify for the first round are as follows:
- Ewan Cave vs Geoff Parish
- Graham Stuart vs Ian Parker
- David Culliford vs Rob Strachan
- Alan Weaver vs Kev Lamb
- Steve Saunders vs Andrew Chivers
- Rose Saunders vs Peter Przybycin
- Patrick Pavey vs John Pellegrini
- Mike Henbury vs Sam Murphy
- Daniel Phillips vs Dick Meredith
- Peter Eales vs Joseph Henbury
The basic rules relating to this competition are as follows;
- The player named first plays with white
- The clock to be set at 90 minutes for both players
- In the event of a draw the replay must be played asap after the deadline date with colours being reversed
- All games to be played at club other than Mike Henbury who can play his game online
- All results will be sent for grading
- The deadline date to play the preliminary round is the 8th June (i.e. 3 club nights 24/5,31/5 and 7/6, + 1 day)
- All results to be emailed to me Steve Dunleavy as soon as the game has been played. – Steve Dunleavy