Chandler’s Ford Chess Club’s Book Prize Tournament Round 8 has been completed. Tournament organiser Peter Przybycin gives an update and results from Round 8, and he announces the pairings for Round 9.
Book Prize Tournament Round 8
Round 8 is now complete.
Mike Henbury wins again!
With John Kooner losing his round 8 game, it puts Mike into a half point lead over Rob Sims with just three rounds to go.
Round 8 Results
- Rob Sims 1 – John Kooner 0
- Steve Saunders 0 – Steve Dunleavy 1
- Nobby George 0 – Keven Lamb 1
- Don Creasey 0 – Mike Henbury 1
- Rose Saunders 1 – Rob Strachan 0
- Suzan Dunleavy 0 – Geoffrey Parish 1
Scores to date:
- Mike Henbury 7
- Rob Sims 6½
- John Kooner 6
- Rob Strachan 5
- Keven Lamb 5
- Don Creasey 4½
- Rose Saunders 4
- Geoffrey Parish 3
- Steve Dunleavy 3
- Nobby George 2
- Steve Saunders 2
- Suzan Dunleavy 0
Round 9 Pairings:
- Keven Lamb v Steve Saunders
- John Kooner v Geoffrey Parish
- Rose Saunders v Suzan Dunleavy
- Steve Dunleavy v Rob Strachan
- Rob Sims v Don Creasey
- Mike Henbury v Nobby George
As ever, the player named first has the white pieces.
Deadline for finishing round 9 is Saturday 3rd April 2021.
All the best,
- The Book Prize Tournament is an all-play-all contest, so with 12 players that makes 11 Rounds.
- Although players will sometimes play consecutive games with the same colour, each player will end up having played at least 4 games as white.
- Each Round should be completed within 3 weeks, but there can be some flexibility.
- The games are to be played online – on lichess.org.
- The time control is 90 minutes each per game.
- The winner (or white if drawn) should notify Peter of the result.