The Summer Tournament is one of two tournaments currently running in the Chandler’s Ford Chess Club (the Summer Tournament and the Knock-out Tournament). Round 1 of the Summer Tournament has now been completed, and event organiser Malcolm Clarke has announced the pairings for Round 2 of the Summer Tournament. Round 1 results in full, Round 2 Pairings list, and a quick recap of the rules.
Round 1 Results
|Keith Gregory||1-0||Nobby George|
|John Kooner||0-1||Graham Stuart|
|Peter Przybycin||1-0||Mike Henbury|
|Maha Chandar||0-1||David Culliford|
|Sam Murphy||0-1||Rob Strachan|
|Steve Dunleavy||1-0||Dick Meredith|
|Rob Sims||1-0||Steve Saunders|
|Rose Saunders||0-1||Kev Lamb|
|Patrick Pavey||0-1||Dean Shaw|
Full details of each Round’s results can be seen on the table on the Summer Tournament Page which will be updated as the tournament progresses.
Summer Tournament Round 2 Pairings
- Keven Lamb v Keith Gregory
- Graham Stuart v Rob Sims
- David Culliford v Steve Dunleavy
- Dean Shaw v Peter Przybycin
- Rob Strachan v Geoffrey Parish
- Dick Meredith v Sam Murphy
- Mike Henbury v Maha Chandar
- Steve Saunders v John Kooner
- Rose Saunders v Patrick Pavey
- Nobby George – Bye
Tournament Rules and outline
The Summer Tournament is organised and run by Malcolm Clarke. The Summer Tournament is usually 5, but sometimes 6 Rounds over the summer months. Each Round is usually completed within a few weeks. The winner receives the Kooner Cup for a year and usually gets to keep a replica.
- The Games are 90 minutes all moves per player.
- When the Round Pairings are announced, the first-named plays as white.
- The games can be played online at lichess.org.
- Notify Malcolm Clarke of the results.