The 2021 Summer Tournament is one of two tournaments currently running in the Chandler’s Ford Chess Club (the Summer Tournament and the Knock-out Tournament). Round 2 of the Summer Tournament has now been completed, and event organiser Malcolm Clarke has announced the Summer Tournament 2021 Round 3 draw. See below for the Round 2 results in full, Round 3 Pairings list, and a quick recap of the rules.
Round 2 Results
|Keven Lamb||0-1||Keith Gregory|
|Graham Stuart||0-1||Rob Sims|
|David Culliford||1-0||Steve Dunleavy|
|Dean Shaw||0-1||Peter Przybycin|
|Rob Strachan||0-1||Geoffrey Parish|
|Dick Meredith||0-1||Sam Murphy|
|Mike Henbury||1-0||Maha Chandar|
|Steve Saunders||0-1||John Kooner|
|Rose Saunders||0-1||Patrick Pavey|
Full details of each Round’s results can be seen on the table on the Summer Tournament Page which will be updated as the tournament progresses.
Summer Tournament 2021 Round 3 Pairings
- Keith Gregory v David Culliford
- Rob Sims v Peter Przybycin
- Geoffrey Parish v Graham Stuart
- Patrick Pavey v Mike Henbury
- Sam Murphy v Dean Shaw
- Steve Dunleavy v Keven Lamb
- John Kooner v Rob Strachan
- Nobby George v Dick Meredith
- Maha Chandar v Steve Saunders
- Rose Saunders – Bye
Tournament Rules and outline
The Summer Tournament is organised and run by Malcolm Clarke. The Summer Tournament is usually 5, but sometimes 6 Rounds over the summer months. Each Round is usually completed within a few weeks. The winner receives the Kooner Cup for a year and usually gets to keep a replica.
- The Games are 90 minutes all moves per player.
- When the Round Pairings are announced, the first-named plays as white.
- The games can be played online at lichess.org.
- Notify Malcolm Clarke of the results.