Tournament organiser Steve Dunleavy announces the draw for Round 3 of the Club’s 2021 Knock-out Tournament, and gives the results of Round 2.
The Chandler’s Ford Chess Club Knock-out Tournament is one of two club tournaments currently running, the other one being the Summer Tournament. Round 2 of the Knock-Out Tournament has been completed, and 4 players remain. The draw for Round 3 (the semi-finals) has been made. The games have a time control of 90 minutes per player, and can be played online at lichess.org or over-the-board. The Knock-Out Tournament is organised by Steve Dunleavy.
Round 2 Results
|Dick Meredith||Sam Murphy||1-0|
|Peter Przybycin||Graham Stuart||1-0|
|Rob Strachan||Maha Chandar||0-1|
|Dean Shaw||Mike Henbury||0-1|
Knock-out Round 3 (the Semi-Finals) Pairings
The draw for Round 3 (semi-finals) has been made. All games should be completed by 15th August.
- Peter Przybycin vs Dick Meredith
- Mike Henbury vs Maha Chandar
Knock-out Tournament Rules / guidelines recap
1)the player named first plays with white
2) games can be played either on lichess or over the board (both players’ clocks being set at 90 minutes)
3) in the event of a draw you can either play a rapid play on the same night (duration to be agreed between both players) or arrange another 90 minute game (please let me know if you need an extension of time)
4) the rules of chess must be followed ie no move retakes if playing on lichess
5) all games to be played within 3 weeks of today i.e. 15th August. Please let me know if you need an extension of time (to fit in any replays or otherwise)
6) please let me know when you arrange to play so that I can monitor progress and give me the result asap after it has been determined
7) please let me know if you have any problems contacting your opponent and I will do my best to help out
8) finally enjoy your games